The Hunger Games - preview


Hey internet, welcome once again to the Wastelands.

As you might have realised, I'm not a teenager, just an adult with fond memories of the teen movies of my days be they good or bad. I can still appreciate the charm of a well made teen flick even as the slightly jaded adult that I am, however, I am completely aware that in my parting ways with my teen years, I have also parted ways with my knowledge of all things that are 'in'. I usually find out about a trend as it is dying down a bit or sometimes I avoid over-hyped things at all costs because I assume they'll suck.

So with that thought in mind, today I thought I'd talk about The Hunger Games. Ok, before you all pounce on me, I have not read the books or seen the movie yet. I'm a late comer to this fad because the last fad I embraced open-mindedly that was garnering a lot of attention from teens and adults alike was Twilight. Yes, Twilight and being burned so badly with that crapfest of a wet dream turned four part "novel" I was not keen to jump on the bandwagon for this new teen drama which promised ever more love triangles. Again I have not read the book or seen the movie yet.

However, it has been getting a lot of praise and people whose opinions I trust have had nothing but good things to say about it that it has worn down my defenses. I am going to go see this thing Tuesday night with a friend.

Will this thing meet my expectations or will it fail in Twilight-like proportions? I don't know but stay tuned and I'll let you know what I think after I view it. It will be an opinion by a complete newbie with no knowledge of the books, so I may not "get" things that seasoned readers will, you have been warned.

To all of my friends who recommended this to me, you'd better not let me down.


Comments